Hello!

This blog was mostly created for those who have just begun couponing. See links to all of my posts to the right of my blog. I recommend starting with the first post and moving down from there, because if you're really new to couponing, then some of the later posts might be confusing. Also, I live in Washington, so some things that may be true for me might be different where you are. Happy couponing!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Following Blogs

In the beginning I learned about the best deals mostly by following some blogs run by some experienced couponers. It took about 2-3 months, I think, before I finally felt confident that I could start recognizing great deals on my own. I still follow the blogs and check pretty much every day, but the bloggers don't always catch every sale, and they may not know what might be on clearance or on sale in your local stores. See the right side of my blog to see a list of couponing blogs that I follow regularly. If you want to find more blogs then do a google search like "couponing blog Texas". Note where the couponer is located as sales vary from place to place. For example, a sale the coupon blogger finds in his/her Walmart  may be different than the sale at your local Walmart.

No offense to all the other blogs I follow, but Hip2Save.com is my favorite couponing blog to follow. I have learned so much from following this blog. Browse around this blog and find videos from how to organize your coupons to videos of Collin actually shopping in stores. I try to check this blog at least once a day (more often if I can).

As you follow these blogs you'll come across great coupon deals, and also deals that involve no coupons. Even if you don't want to fuss with coupons I still recommend checking couponing blogs daily, and even several times a day. You'll find deals on toys, magazines, clothes, etc. that may or may not involve using coupons. I've found so many great birthday, Christmas, etc. gifts just by following the blogs.

Deals are often only available for a limited time, so that's why it's good to check several times a day, if you can. Sometimes a great deal will be posted, and so many people try to take advantage of the deal that the manufacturer will become overwhelmed and may even cancel orders, but this doesn't always happen. I have taken advantage of many great deals.

For example, a couple of years ago there was a Halloween costume clearance sale (and it happened at the beginning of October). I bought a darling mermaid costume for my daughter for around $3 including shipping. It was normally well over $20 and I got it for $3! I've come across many deals such as this, so start following some couponing blogs!

There are facebook pages for many couponing blogs, as well. 

No comments: