Hello!

This blog was mostly created for those who have just begun couponing. See links to all of my posts to the right of my blog. I recommend starting with the first post and moving down from there, because if you're really new to couponing, then some of the later posts might be confusing. Also, I live in Washington, so some things that may be true for me might be different where you are. Happy couponing!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Sun Isn't Always Shining When You're Couponing

There is a surprisingly large amount of employees and store managers who don't understand couponing. Some seem to think that the store is being cheated when coupons are used. Therefore, some cashiers and managers try to not let you use your coupons, and though you're not doing anything wrong, they sometimes seem to treat you like you're a criminal. Some will flat out refuse to let you use your coupons. I've heard so many crazy stories. When I first began couponing I was too afraid to stand up for myself if a cashier put up a fuss about not wanting to accept a coupon, so I usually just said, "Okay, go ahead and give me back my coupon. I don't think I'll buy (the item the coupon is for) today." (unless I really needed it). After a while I started getting accustomed to it and began feeling confident enough to ask them why.

Sometimes cashiers will make up something because they are afraid they will get into trouble if they accept some coupons. I've heard so many rediculous excuses. Ask for a manager's help. If the manager gives you the same excuses, then you can tell them to void the whole transaction the move on over to customer service desk to sort it out if you have time.

In these cases it probably would be a good idea to call the store's corporate office (there from the store is probably best if you have time) and hopefully you can get the issue sorted out, or wait until you get home and call. Some corporate offices will call the stores and get it sorted out. They may even offer you a gift card or coupon for your trouble. 

Or, try your luck with another cashier at another time (try to find a cashier who is at least smiling). I've been told no before, and came back the same evening, went to a different cashier, and got the same deal I was trying to get earlier with no problem. 

Overall, just try to remember that the couponing world is still progressing and there is still confusion in many areas, so just do your best!!

No comments: