Hello!

This blog was mostly created for those who have just begun couponing. See links to all of my posts to the right of my blog. I recommend starting with the first post and moving down from there, because if you're really new to couponing, then some of the later posts might be confusing. Also, I live in Washington, so some things that may be true for me might be different where you are. Happy couponing!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What to Expect In the Beginning

When you first start you might think that you really aren't saving much. First of all, you need to watch for sales and clearance items to pair the coupon with to maximize your savings. Also, it takes about 3ish months to have a full 'inventory' of coupons. It also takes some experience to know what deals are actually great deals.

I remember in the beginning when I saved $1. Then a week or two later I saved $10. Then I noticed that while I wasn't actually spending a whole lot less than before I began couponing, I was bringing home a lot more.  Then I started getting used to pairing coupons with sales. I happened upon a toothbrush sale. The toothbrushes were on sale for $0.88 and I had several coupons for $0.75 off one. I bought $25 worth of toothbrushes for about $0.80 total--including tax! Then I saved $40 at Walmart and was aghast! Then I was able to do a deal at Rite Aid where I spent $40.42 on $150 worth of products, and got back $40 in rebates! I couldn't believe it!

Couponing takes time, and a LOT of thinking, but if you stick with it, then you for sure will save yourself a lot of money!

Also, there is a lot to know about couponing, so if you're like me, then you'll probably feel incredibly overwhelmed by it all, but just absorb what you can, then when you get used to what you've learned, then you'll learn more and you'll get better at it!!

After a while you may feel like you need a 'break' from couponing. Give yourself a vacation for a week or two. After all--this is really like a small part time job--and you are the boss. :)

No comments: