Hello!

This blog was mostly created for those who have just begun couponing. See links to all of my posts to the right of my blog. I recommend starting with the first post and moving down from there, because if you're really new to couponing, then some of the later posts might be confusing. Also, I live in Washington, so some things that may be true for me might be different where you are. Happy couponing!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rite Aid

Before I began couponing I can't remember the last time I shopped at Rite Aid. I always thought they were way over priced. Now I actually score lots of great deals at Rite Aid with coupons and sales. 

Rite Aid has weekly sales (running from Sunday through the following Saturday). In addition to their weekly sales they have a "Single Check Rebate" program. Usually every month they have different rebate offers. Some rebate offers run into other months. They usually have a rebate booklet you can pick up in the store, or you can view the rebates online at https://riteaid.rebateplus.com/. Watch for rebate items to go on sale, cause then you save even more money, and can often get items for free after the rebate.

Submit your receipts online at the above mentioned website. You'll need to sign up for an account. Once you're signed in you should see a link toward the top of the page that says "Enter Your Receipts." Follow the instructions to enter your receipt.

Once you enter the receipts you'll be taken to a page that shows what rebates you've qualified for (note: it takes up to 2-5 days for the information you enter to show up on the site.). You'll also see a box that says "Request My Rebate - Click Here." Do not push this button until you are done submitting your receipts for the entire month!!! You can only push it once, so if you push it at the beginning of the month, then you won't be able to get anymore rebates that month. Rite Aid will then send you a check (it looks like a post card) that you can either cash in the bank, or bring to Rite Aid to use as cash. Or, sometimes the rebate is for a gift card and the gift card will be mailed to you. (Ex. Buy $50 worth of certain products and you'll receive a $25 Rite Aid gift card)

In addition to sales and single check rebates Rite Aid also has an online program called "Video Values." (VV) For this program you can go here and register to watch videos (commercials for products ranging from about 30 seconds to 2 minutes). For watching each video you will be able to print a Rite Aid coupon for the product in the video. These Rite Aid coupons can be paired with manufacturer coupons and can only be used at Rite Aid.

Click on the 'my rewards' tab at the top of the page (after you've watched some videos) to see what coupons are available for you to print. 

When you go to print the coupons first select the coupon, hit the 'print coupons' button, and then hit the 'print' coupon in the pop-up window. You'll then be able to print the coupon. You can select how many you want to print, but don't select more than one, because the store will now only accept one of each VV coupon per VV account. (You used to be able to use as many as you wanted.)

Some people have multiple VV accounts for themselves, but if you actually read the terms that you are agreeing to when you set up your account, then you'll read that there is only one VV account allowed per person. Also, when you agree to the terms, you agree that you won't use another person's VV account. So if you want to be honest, then no setting up accounts under other family members, unless they are willing to watch the videos and come to the store with you.

So, watch for sales--especially for the rebate items--pair the sale with a Rite Aid Video Values coupon and a manufacturer's coupon, and you'll find that you can save a lot of money at Rite Aid!!!

*Note: Pretty much all Rite Aid coupons say "Manufacturer's Coupon" on them, but as long as the letters RC are before the numbers of the bar code you can combine the coupons with manufacturer's coupons.

I don't shop on Sundays, so often by Monday morning many of the great deals have been snagged. I used to be so bummed, but I don't mind when they get out of stock anymore because they are usually very good at giving out rain checks. Also, if the store isn't restocked before the single check rebate period ends for the month, then you can still get the rebate when the item comes back in stock. Just tell an employee that you are purchasing items with a rain check for a previous month's rebate and they will fax in a special form with a copy of your receipt and you'll be able to get the rebate! (It should show up on your account 2-5 business days after the fax is received.)

Lastly, Rite Aid has one more program. It's called their "Wellness Program." You need to register to become a member at http://www.riteaidwellness.com/ or in any Rite Aid drugstore. With this program you will receive a wellness card. It's a free program, and if you would like to get the sale prices at Rite Aid then you need to have a card.

Along with this program comes 'Up Rewards.' These are pretty much the same thing as Register Rewards at Walgreens. When you buy a qualifying item you'll receive an up reward coupon for a certain dollar amount that you can use only at Rite Aid. These Up Reward coupons used to print out at the bottom of your receipt, but now they are automatically added to your card, and you can't use them at least until the following day at 6am. Something should print out on your receipt stating that an up was loaded to your card, and when the up will expire. Up rewards have restrictions and cannot be used to pay for tax. Read the fine print on your receipt.

As a wellness member you receive points for how much you spend in the store (before coupons). Once you reach 1000 points you become a gold member and receive 20% off almost everything in the store. You need to reach 1000 points every year to be a gold member the following year. You can read about the amount of points that give you a certain discount at the wellness site I mention above. A gold member is the highest level.

When I receive my rebate checks I like to take them to Rite Aid, and use them as gift cards, or I ask them to put the rebate checks on a gift card. Just ask a cashier to do this for you. I posted in another post about an awesome Rite Aid deal I got where I spent $40.42 on $150 worth of products and got back $40 in rebates. That was a wonderful day. Since then I've been using the rebate money and gift cards to buy more products at Rite Aid and then I receive more rebates and gift cards. If I'm real careful, then I often only pay tax at Rite Aid.

Does Rite Aid seem a bit overwhelming? Don't worry. Just follow the blogs I mentioned. They actually tell you what to buy and what coupons to use and stuff. I'm so grateful for those blogs!! They saved me a ton of work in the beginning!! (It was still work, but without those blogs I would not have been scoring the deals that I scored!!) I still follow them as I said, but now I'm also able to work out my own deals according to my family's needs and wants.

Here is a link to Rite Aid's coupon policy here. Sometimes cashiers don't even know the coupon policy, so showing them what the policy states can clear up issues sometimes.

No comments: