Hello!

This blog was mostly created for those who have just begun couponing. See links to all of my posts to the right of my blog. I recommend starting with the first post and moving down from there, because if you're really new to couponing, then some of the later posts might be confusing. Also, I live in Washington, so some things that may be true for me might be different where you are. Happy couponing!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Other Stores in Washington

QFC

QFC is a Kroger grocery store. They have some great sales and catalina deals here and there. If you shop at QFC, then you'll definitely want to get their Rewards card. When you use this card in-store you can earn points to go towards up to 15 cents off their gas prices and toward other things. (You'll have about a month to use the points before they expire, I think.) If you want to take advantage of some of the sales, then you'll need this card.

K-Mart

I don't care for K-Mart much. Their prices seem way overpriced, and they don't have very good promotions. They do have a double coupon promotion from time to time, but you can only double  up to five coupons in one transaction (sometimes they'll double coupons up to $0.99---why it couldn't be $1 I have no idea, and they'll double up to $2 coupons sometimes). In most cases you need to spend at least $25 before coupons, so it's rarely worth it for me to go to K-Mart. Sometimes I go to see if they have anything on clearance, but usually they won't let me use a coupon on clearance items. Honestly, I thought they'd be out of business years ago...

WinCo

WinCo seems pretty similar to Walmart. Some of their prices are lower than Walmart's prices, and some of Walmart's prices are lower than WinCo's. WinCo accepts coupons, but doesn't have a coupon policy that I know of. They periodically put out coupons in the mail for free items, so always look through your mail and price match at Walmart if you don't live close enough to a WinCo. WinCo doesn't price match.

*Note: You have to bag everything you buy.

Cash and Carry

Cash and Carry is like a mini Costco of bulk foods. Their prices for produce, frozen veggies, and other foods are worth it to me to make a trip over there every week or two.


Costco


I haven't had a Costco membership since 2007. I finally renewed it this year and am wondering if it was worth it. I can usually get everything I need cheaper with coupons, and I can get my produce (there aren't a whole lot of coupons for produce) at stores like Cash and Carry or Fred Meyer for around the same price or less than what I could get them for at Costco.

Fred Meyer

Fred Meyer is another Kroger store. They have some of the same sales as QFC (and all other Kroger stores). Some weeks their sales are pretty good, and other weeks they really seem to be lacking in good sales.

No comments: